Receive up-to-the-minute news updates on the hottest topics with NewsHub. Install now.

Search results

1-10 results from 1000 for query «assembly»

July 11, 2018 4:05 PM Now, only one licence required for oil & gas exploration, prospecting and mining in Sarawak

PETALING JAYA: The Sarawak State Assembly has passed the Oil Mining (Amendment) Bill 2018 which requires only one licence for exploration, prospecting and mining of oil and gas, a move which Sarawak feels will encourage more investments into the state. According to the Hansard of that day’s sitting, Sarawak Deputy Chief Minister Datuk Amar Awang Tengah 5

July 8, 2018 11:12 AM PAS to set up government advisory council for Kelantan and Terengganu

KUALA TERENGGANU: PAS will set up a government advisory council for Kelantan and Terengganu to ensure that all the pledges in its manifesto for the 14th General Election (GE14) will be implemented successfully in the two states. Its secretary general, Datuk Takiyuddin Hassan, said the council would be chaired by PAS president Datuk Seri Abdul Hadi Awang 4

July 5, 2018 12:46 PM Sabah in strong financial position, says chief minister

KOTA KINABALU: Sabah is in a healthy financial position with public finances as at June totalling RM3.305 billion, of which 48.7% or RM1.608 billion is owned by the state government in its consolidated revenue account, says Chief Minister Datuk Seri Mohd Shafie Apdal. The remaining 51.3% or RM1.696 billion is held in a consolidated trust account, he said in his winding-up 13

July 5, 2018 11:48 AM Perlis state legislative assembly sitting to begin on July 20

KANGAR: The first Perlis State Legislative Assembly sitting after the 14th General Election (GE14) on May 9, will be held for three days beginning July 23. Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Azlan Man said the Raja of Perlis Tuanku Syed Sirajuddin Putra Jamalullail would officiate the opening at the State Assembly Complex here. "Prior to the sitting, the swearing-in 11

July 4, 2018 10:12 AM Kitingan believes Musa Aman will return to take oath as assemblyman

KOTA KINABALU: Parti Solidariti Tanah Airku (Star) president Datuk Dr Jeffrey Kitingan believes that former Sabah chief minister Tan Sri Musa Aman will return to Sabah to take his oath as a state assemblyman. He said the Sabah Barisan Nasional (BN) chairman still has time to be sworn in as Sungai Sibuga assemblyman because the ceremony could be performed 6

July 4, 2018 9:11 AM Sabah will proceed with TAED project

KOTA KINABALU: The Sabah government will proceed with the Tanjung Aru Eco Development (TAED) project, as it will create many employment opportunities for the people, Chief Minister Datuk Seri Mohd Shafie Apdal told the Sabah state assembly, here today. Saying that the state was now under the rule of a new government, he did not want to rush through the project 7

July 3, 2018 10:28 AM Penang cop dies during assembly

GEORGE TOWN: A police officer died on Tuesday, after he collapsed during the Penang police monthly assembly. According to Penang police chief, 51-year-old DSP Ahmad Faisal Ahmad Jalaldin from the state police contingent died due to a heart attack when he was attending the monthly gathering at the Penang police contingent headquarters. "He was a very dedicated 15

July 3, 2018 7:41 AM Terengganu govt to pay RM3.2 billion for six projects till 2032

KUALA TERENGGANU: Six projects costing RM3.2 billion were implemented through the Public Private Partnership concept under the previous government in Terengganu, said State Infrastructure, Public Utilities, Utilities and Green Technology Committee chairman, Dr Mamad Puteh. He told the Terengganu State Legislative Assembly today there were two payment 6

July 3, 2018 7:39 AM Sabah strategises to reduce urban squatter problem

KOTA KINABALU: The Sabah Local Government and Housing Ministry is to develop new industries and build affordable houses in the rural areas as part of a strategy to reduce the squatter problem, especially in this capital city, Sabah Deputy Chief Minister Datuk Dr Jaujan Sambakong said today. "We will build houses in the rural areas and provide employment 5

July 3, 2018 6:23 AM Ngeh appointed Perak State Assembly Speaker

IPOH: Beruas MP Datuk Ngeh Koo Ham (pix) has been appointed the Speaker at the First Meeting of the First Session of the 14th Perak State Assembly. The former chairman of Perak DAP was elected after obtaining 31 votes. He defeated two other candidates, PAS Perak deputy commissioner Mohd Misbahul Munir Masduki, who obtained three votes, and former Deputy 6