Three siblings found dead after leaving home on motorcycle - Nation

December 1, 2013 11:02 PM

42 0

ALOR SETAR: Siti Aishah Ariffin, 40, was frantic when her three daughters went missing. And then, things got worse and worse.

She had just buried the girl yesterday when she learnt that her two other daughters were also dead, in tragic and mysterious circumstances.

As she waited for the bodies at the Alor Setar mortuary, she was too devastated for words.

Siti Aishah and her husband Rusdi Rani, 38, who had moved here from Terengganu just a year ago were distraught when Norsyafika was found dead face down in a padi field in Kampung Alor Senibong in Langgar near here on Saturday.

The bodies of her sisters Nur Izzati Husna Rusdi, 12, and Puteri Nurul Akma Rusdi, three, were found in a canal more than 3km away. They are all believed to have been murdered.

Rusdi said his wife had not stopped crying since the girls went missing on Friday.

“After Norsyafika’s body was found, she was inconsolable,” he said when met at the Sultanah Bahiyah Hospital mortuary.

The three sisters had left their house in Kampung Alor Semela on a motorcycle ridden by Norsyafika at 7.30am on Friday to see Norsyafika’s employer.

Norsyafika had wanted to go to the employer’s house in Kampung Gelam, about 6km away, to collect her monthly salary as a bottle cleaner.

When the girls failed to return home by midnight, the parents went to the house of a friend but were told that the three siblings had not gone there.

At 3.45pm on Saturday, villagers found Norsyafika’s body, clad only in a bra, in the padi field.

Both sisters were found fully-clad, about 200m apart inside the canal by passers-by who notified the police. A dark-coloured pair of pants was found near one of the bodies.

The motorcycle they had used was found near a bus-stop, some 900m from their house and 2km from where Norsyafika’s body was found.

Rusdi, when met at the Sultanah Bahiyah Hospital mortuary after the first death, said the three sisters were very close since Norsyafika took care of the two younger ones while he and his wife were at work.

“Norsyafika, who recently stopped schooling to work as a bottle cleaner, always took her two sisters along when she went to meet her friends.

“The three were our only children,” he said in tears, adding that they only moved to the village last year after being in Terengganu for eight years.

Neither he nor his wife could speak to newsmen after the news broke that their two other daughters were dead, too.


To category page