Beirut, Lebanon: More than 300,000 people have been killed in the Syrian conflict since March 2011, a monitor said in a new toll on Tuesday, the first full day of an internationally-brokered truce.
More than 86,000 civilians were among the 301,781 people killed, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said.
The civilian toll includes 15,099 children and 10,018 women, the Britain-based monitoring group said.
A total of 59,006 Syrian soldiers have been killed, in addition to 48,048 other pro-government fighters from countries including Iraq, Iran and Lebanon as well as Syria.
Terrorists of the ISIS group and the onetime Al Qaeda affiliate now renamed the Fateh al-Sham Front accounted for 52,031 of the dead.
The figure is an increase of nearly 9,000 on the last death toll published by the Observatory in early August.
The United Nations and the major powers have made repeated efforts to end the bloodshed in Syria but all have so far failed.
A new ceasefire brokered by Moscow and Washington went into effect at sundown on Monday and AFP correspondents and residents reported that it appeared to be holding on its first full day on Tuesday.