SHAH ALAM: All of the ten executive councillors (Exco) of the newly–formed Selangor state government have been assigned to their respective portfolios, said Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Mohamed Azmin Ali (pix).
Mohamed Azmin said the new exco line–up had taken their oath of secrecy on government affairs during an earlier meeting held at the state secretariat building.
"I am confident with the credibility possessed by my friends in the exco line-up. We will perform the responsibilities entrusted by the people of Selangor.
"We will continue our work to ensure the development of Selangor can be done successfully to provide prosperity to the people," he told a press conference after the exco meeting.
Mohamed Azmin himself would take up the portfolio of Finance, Land Development, Natural Resource Management, Strategic Communications, and the Economic Action Unit.
1. Datuk Teng Chang Khim – Investment, Industry and Trade, and Small and Medium Industries.
2. Amirudin Shari – Youth Empowerment (Peberdayaan Generasi Muda) and Sports, Entrepreneur Development, and Rural and Traditional Village Development.
3. V. Ganabatirau – Socio–Economic Empowerment and Caring Government (Pemberdayaan dan Pembangunan Sosio Ekonomik dan Kerajaan Prihatin).
4. Izham Hashim – Infrastructure and Public Amenities, Agricultural Modernisation and Agro–based Industry.
5. Datuk Abdul Rashid Asari – Tourism and Culture, and Malay Customs and Heritage.
6. Shaharuddin Badaruddin – Islamic Affairs, Education, Human Development, and Science, Technology and Innovation.
7. Ng Sze Han – Local Government, Public Transportation, and New Village Development.
9.Siti Mariah Mahmud – Health, Welfare, and Women and Family Empowerment.
10. Lee Hoy Sian – Natural Environment, Green Technology, and Consumer Affairs.
On the previous Exco members who were dropped from the current line–up, Mohamed Azmin said such reshuffling was normal after every election.
He, however, said that this did not mean that the former excos had failed to perform their duties effectively.
On the candidate for the state legislative assembly speaker, Mohamed Azmin said the state government had already decided on the candidate.